Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A sammich I don't joke about

Yes, I said 'sammich'. Like when E kids, saying, "Make me a sammich, woman."

If there is one thing you should know about me, it's that I have a serious, SERIOUS taste for BLTs. One of those tastes where I could eat them every day (for real).

If there is a second thing you should know about me, it's that a BLT is thee only sandwich that I will put mayo on. Excluding chipotle mayo on salmon BLTs.

I wish I was kidding. A few people in this world know that I have a crazy relationship with sandwiches. As in, I won't eat them if a) I don't see them being made and know exactly how they're made/what's on them, b) they are something super delicious from a super delicious restaurant, and c) they are stocked full of anything relatively close to deli meat. I can't even blame my parents for my behavior.

And I've always had a hatred for mayo. In complex terms, my hatred was pretty much sealed when, in highschool, I watched a classmate eat a sandwich bag full of mayo for an eating contest. In simple terms, grrrroooossss.

But BLTs. They change ev-er-y-thing. I can confidently order a BLT from Jimmy John's and know it will be delicious. And I would gladly let any one of you make me one, as long as it has all of the ingredients in its iconic acronym of a name. Plus a little mayo.

In my & E's world, BLTs are no joke. So, while eating them one night, I decided I would dedicate a blog post WITH pictures to show you how much we love them.



This is what real bacon looks like. As in, your dad trades beef for some pork at the butcher shop.



Life lesson: the best tomatoes always come from farmer's stands/markets.



The same goes for lettuce.



And that's the moneymaker. In all of her perfect combination glory, sandwiched between two lightly-toasted pieces of bread.

If you don't understand my love for BLTs, consider this an open invitation to my apartment. I will show you the error of your ways, and even serve you a Boulevard with your soon-to-be-favorite meal.

...I don't joke about BLTs.

No comments:

Post a Comment