Thursday, August 9, 2012

We got the cup.

I woke up this morning and something was missing. It was my voice.

Last night was the Open Cup Championship at LIVESTRONG Park, and our beloved Sporting KC was fighting the previous champion (Seattle Sounders) for that beautiful, over-sized goblet.

AND WE WON.

It was amaze-za-zing. When we got to the stadium, it started raining. And then it started pouring. The literal downpour turned into hail. And then it stopped, and there was a double rainbow. And this all happened BEFORE the game.

I could tell you so much about the game itself, but I think you'll get sick of it before I'm finished. But the game was cray-cray, people, involving 95 minutes of regular game time, two overtimes and ending in a shoot-out. Bless our loved Jimmy Nielsen. That's all I can say.

Post downpour and soaked.




























Some friends we went with, during the 30 seconds we sat down. 

DOUBLE RAINBOW! (in formation)

That's Jimmy, warming up. Don't hate me for my point and shoot's crappy quality.

Serious celebration. Shirts were taken off. Not mine, though.

You can kind of see the cup. 


































































...In case it wasn't clear, I lost my voice (E did, too) from cheering loud. The entire game. And after.

No comments:

Post a Comment