Monday, May 14, 2012

This week's 7.

I'm so unoriginal.

I say that because the idea behind this post is not my own.

A few blogs I follow incorporate some sort of weekly round-up - a post that happens on the same day every week, highlighting random, entertaining things. These weekly things are what I look forward to most when reading other bloggers' musings.

So, blog, meet 'This week's 7'.

1. These oranges. Seriously. Are they mutants? Did they get a little too much sun while growing in Florida? Should I be worried? The world will never know the reasoning behind their gargantuan size.

For an accurate exhibition, I compared them to my chap stick.
 2. Beef - it's what's for everything. Because my dad raises cattle, we've had a stockpile of fresh, grass-fed, non-processed, skip-that-pink-slime-crap, straight-from-the-butcher beef occupying our freezer since we first moved in. And since I'm going home this weekend, E and I are on a beef frenzy to make room for the next cooler of delicious, family farm meat products. Next week, only chicken. We like to work in extremes.

3. We spent a short weekend in Chicago at Trinity's graduation. Although we both finished school in December, the hubs and I chose to participate in the May ceremony. You know, to "graduate" with all of our friends and stuff.

One of my very best friends.
4. Speaking of friends, we also got to see some other great people that start with 'f' - family! My parents made the annoyingly long trip from South Dakota to come see me, and the in-laws made frequent not-as-long trips from Indiana. E and I are pretty blessed.

My mom is kind of notorious for not liking photos. I think this picture
captures her thoughts well.
Ignore the brightness. We're a happy bunch.
5. My bangs...are driving me crazy. I was in love with them 2 weeks ago, but they've grown, and I just don't know if I can handle (wearing) them (straight down) anymore. Help?

There's a lot of loathing going on here.
6. "Hello, heart attack." That's what I said last week when I made these bars, and it's what I said this week while making more to bring to work. I have no self control, and I'm awesome at using coworkers as an excuse to indulge my sweet tooth.

7. 'Holy crap'...is another thing I said when I got my very first DSLR camera last week. This thing is so cool, so intimidating, so crazy, and soooo cool. I can't even talk about it anymore.

First picture with the new camera.
E with his new micro 4/3 camera.

2 comments:

  1. 1. it was so good to see you, even for two seconds!!
    2. i have the same chapstick
    3. you can rock the bangs girl! just give them a little trimmy-trim with the kitchen scissors my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, darling. :)
    Like the wrap-up.

    ReplyDelete