Monday, February 27, 2012

Potato, Potahto

Seriously, how awesome is this potato? I couldn't resist sharing.


This big-hearted starch was just what I needed to begin my week. I've been feeling down; being unemployed stopped being nice a month ago, and I've rewritten and resubmitted my resume many times past the point of desperation. 

There's gotta be a name for whatever funk I'm in, because I know there are millions of college students hosting the same worries. For way too many of us, we've sacrificed four years of sleep, a social life, and living off the parents to get a degree and hopefully make a name for ourselves. I can only assume if they're like me, one can't help feel they might have chosen the wrong path. The world is scary. 

Looking at the potato picture is a nice reminder that although there are things in life that hurt, there are still a lot of great things. Like, my supportive husband. Or my awesome family(ies), and some really great friends that I miss (check three of them out -  1, 2, 3). Or, the simple things in life...like a heart-shaped potato. 

2 comments:

  1. similar to your potahto, your card lifted me up today. i cried a little when reading it. i miss you and i pray for you eryday. ashley - God has such great plans for whatever career you are going to have. whether it's tomorrow or in 3 months from now, you'll find something to serve Him in. can't wait for our saturday morning skype coffee date. i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey. sooooo. YEAH I'M CATCHING UP ON MY BLOGS A MONTH LATE! WHAT ABOUT IT?!

    well. yes. i concur. both with the message the potato brings (there is joy and goodness everywhere) and with the fact that this world is scary .

    i think with this you have inspired a blogpost that will come up soon. i'll keep you posted. but for now i'll say this: God has you right where he wants you to be. he knows what he's doing!

    ReplyDelete