Wednesday, February 15, 2012

2 is better than 1.

Don't worry, I'll save you the sap of why being married to E is so great, and although I could, I won't tell you to listen to this song while I list the reasons why I love my husband. Here's what actually inspired this post.

Since flannel came into style, I've struggled to find one that fits. It's probably my athletic build, or obnoxiously long torso; either way, I've been repeatedly defeated in my search for a flannel shirt.

One exceptionally cold day, I was scanning my closet for something warm. A sweatshirt was too confining, and a long-sleeved shirt wasn't enough. And then, it happened. My eyes peered over to E's side of the closet when I saw it - his black and white flannel shirt. I laughed internally at the idea of wearing it. I'd heard from a few friends that men's flannel shirts are better, but I never gave the thought much attention.

Until that day. I stood in our closet for a good minute contemplating what to do. I finally decided it was worth a shot.

And it was. E's flannel fit me far better than anything I'd ever tried on. It did take me a bit to master the reverse buttoning, but since taking the leap, I've pretty much lived in this flannel...except on days where it's nice outside.  Reason 589 marriage is awesome:  two closets, my friends (although I highly doubt I'll start wearing my husband's pants).

You can just call me 'awesome', because that's how I feel in this flannel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment