Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"I've never had broccoli that I want to keep eating."

Is exactly what my husband said when I whipped out this delicious way to prepare one of my favorite vegetables. E only likes broccoli, so I needed to amp up his appreciation.

Here's what you do:

1) Buy fresh broccoli, and bring it home.

2) Take the heads off the stalk, wash them, and throw them in a bowl. Actually, change 'throw' to 'lightly toss.'

3) Drizzle roughly 3 tablespoons of EVOO (or, extra virgin olive oil if your mom was never addicted to Rachael Ray) over the broccoli.

4) Add salt and pepper to your own preference. S&P from grinders give it a fresher taste.

5) Chop up 3-4 cloves of garlic into eighths, and throw (again, toss) 'em in.

While you were doing all that, I should have told you to preheat your oven to 400 degrees. My bad.

Once the oven is hot, stick your broccoli in a tin foil-covered pan (makes clean up a lot easier) and let the mini trees roast for a solid 15-20 minutes, depending on how soft or crunchy you like them. The key secret to knowing you're doing this right is if the broccoli start to brown on top. And then, you enjoy.

...After you've taken the broccoli out of the oven, in course. I don't endorse eating in ovens. Too cramped.

*I forgot to take a picture. Don't sue me - I'll post one later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment