Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bookworm problems.

I'm noticing a trend in my mistakes history. When I make mistakes, statistics (from my brain, of course) show that roughly 68% of the time, my errors are recurring. Like burning homemade garlic bread. Or my relapse in thinking I'm super crafty when really, I just lost another $20 on a failed Pinterest idea.

Orrrr, getting sucked into some really awesome book series. I guess I really love setting myself up for disappointment. Granted, my disappointment isn't in the stories, but the inevitable reality that all good things must end (somebody tell me why this is, please). In the past two months, I've had this with two series. It's that bad, people.

Victim number 1:  Harry Potter.


I know, I know - I jumped on that bandwagon 15 years late. I postponed the depression that follows completion by purchasing the 8-film collection, which E and I spent way too much of our weekend watching all eight movies. There were laughs, fear, tears, and victories. And then it was over. Just like that.

And so I made my way on to some new prey - The Hunger Games.


I read the first book while we were honeymooning in Cozumel, and finally got to the other 2/3 of the trilogy. I wasted no time of my unemployment and read the last two books in three days (would have been two if I didn't have a husband to feed). And now I find myself in the same state again, anxiously awaiting the arrival the movie so I can throw myself back into the story. I'm also super excited to see this film because of it's Katniss shoutout. And Jason Segel. ...And Emily Blunt. ...And Chris Pratt and Mindy Kaling. Ok, that's enough.

Now. I've moved on to Stieg Larrson's Millenium triology. The first book was good - intense, and the second is starting to show those same qualities. In my very personal opinion, I'm not as into this series as the previous two, but nonetheless, I will finish it. And then I will move onto another series.


Maybe I should stop reading series. Or maybe I should just stop reading good books and then I'll never want to read again.

...But I love to read. Curse you, bookworm problems.

*All photos courtesy of Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment