Thursday, January 19, 2012

The 's' word.

One of the topics that surprisingly didn't surface in our premarital counseling was the concept of sacrifice. Either the pastor assumed E and I are already self-sacrificing people, or he just forgot. Take your pick.

I like to think in our 3+ years together we've both grasped the concept and put it into practice (sometimes unwillingly). But while on our honeymoon, I decided to make a sacrifice of huge proportions...drum roll.......

I put aside my judgments about Magic the Gathering and learned how to play.

For a while, E has gently prodded me to learn how to play. I tried to ward off his request with empty 'Yeah, maybe's' until I decided it was time to give it a try. The look on his face the first time we played was totally worth it. Upside: Magic is actually fun, I'm getting the hang of it, and I have a sweet deck. Downside: E has been looking for more games we can enjoy together, Skyrim or FNM being the most frequent suggestions. I remind him not to get his hopes unrealistically high.

Lesson learned: sacrifice equals mucho important, and marriage is super fun when you enjoy things you like with someone you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment