Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The pilot.

I've never been great at blogging. I've tried, have had moments of seemingly ingeniousness, and have actually had some great ideas for blogs...at least in my opinion. Problem is, thinking and doing are often difficult to marry, which (sneakily) brings me to why I started this bad boy.

[The objective] I got married and have been taking note of some of the lessons I've learned during marriage. Some are serious lessons I've learned about being married, like the adjustment of cohabitation with my husband. However, I predict this blog will favor more to anecdotes about married life, and will probably include recipes I conquer, and other fun things. The ultimate goal is to finish 2012 with at least 52 posts relative in some fashion to my and E's first year married.

[What's in a name?] I'm hoping that all who read this have, at some point in their life, had the joyous experience of watching 'Friends'. Two years ago, two of my best friends got me hooked on this show (I bought all 10 seasons after two months of near-constant exposure). These said best friends and I have subconsciously weaved 'Friends' scenarios and quotes into our lives; I've been known to say that 'Friends' is the soundtrack to our lives. When I was braintornadoing (like what I did there?) what to call my blog, something feeding off the show seemed appropriate...and easy. I can't promise this blog will be as funny as ones of the greatest TV sitcoms ever, but that only makes sense. Life isn't scripted; enjoy the bloopers.

My babe of a husband and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment