Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A little late [our Halloween costumes]

I had every intention of posting these on November 1st, but that was before Eric's camera cord went missing, and far before I thought to look in his camera bag that's hidden in the spare closet. Obviously, things like that happen to everyone, right? ...Right?

Anyways, I have to say - we pretty blew Halloween out of the park this year. Eric decided obsessively early that he would go as Dr. Who, which should definitely not shock you based on this. Since I've rocked '80s jazzerciser too many times, I happily accepted Eric's proposal to go as the Dr.'s sidekick, Amy Pond.

We set out to gather everything for our Halloween costumes, using pictures like below as inspiration.



...And then we realized that 1) I don't have red hair, 2) finding a wig that only looked medium-fake would take a while and cost cash monies, and 3) I didn't really want to dye my hair.

Finally, we came up with a fantastic idea. I would go as none other than Dr. Who's police box/time machine thing, the Tardis..

The second round of inspiration:



So I found a cheap sweater dress at Old Navy, bought some squares of $.25 felt, grabbed some vinyl letter, cut up an old black headband and dedicated four hours to hand sewing. We were both super pleased with our costumes, and seriously? C'mon. On a married couple scale of 1 to awesome, we're basically the freakin' coolest.



Also, our friend and gracious party host Casey had a sweet Zelda costume. Complete with tights, a shield and sword.

No comments:

Post a Comment