Saturday, September 29, 2012

Putting out the Fire

A few weeks ago, we tried desperately to get tickets to the Sporting KC/Chicago Fire game Friday, and to our disappointment, the game was sold out. Well, at least the Member's Stand, lovingly referred to as the 'Cauldron' by all SKC fans, which is the only place we're really interested in sitting (read: standing the entire time).

Ten hours before game time, a friend and one of Eric's coworkers found tickets being sold by someone at Eric's work. Pure joy and immense excitement ensued when Eric emailed me at work saying we had gotten the tickets. Holy crap, yes! I could not wait to wear my new Sporting KC apparel. Kudos to Eric for three out of four birthday gifts revolving around the Sporting.

Our Friday night went from having no plans to the perfect plan. We watched our team beat the Chicago Fire 2-0 (sorry I'm not sorry to my Chicago friends). There was nonstop cheering, yelling at a terrible ref and crazy celebration when Graham Zusi scored his second goal of the game in the final three seconds.









Eek. I love my team.

I also had some pretty witty tweets, if I must say so myself. Which, I must.



No comments:

Post a Comment