Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Embarrassingly easy dessert/snack

We're not normally dessert eaters unless one of two things happens, the first being we are at the Cheesecake Factory, the second being I totally belly flop on dinner.

Tonight was one of the latter - the turkey burgers were not delicious. At all.

So scrambling for a dessert idea (since I guess wine doesn't count -- what?), I went to this crazy easy/simple/sweet treat. I'm not sure where I learned this recipe. It might have been highschool Spanish class, orrrrrrrr I came up with it in my brain. Maybe...maybe?

















- You need cinnamon, sugar, tortillas and some water...and an oven
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix however much sugar and cinnamon you want
- Spread a little water over the top of the tortilla
- Quarter the tortilla (I use a pizza cutter)
- Dip the watered side in the cinnamon sugar mix
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crispy to your liking
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt and save extra "chips" for a snack

Dinner saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment